travelnews: Concur ** changes to email reminders and notifications

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 1 16:51:48 PDT 2018

Hello Concur Users,

We have recently received overwhelming feedback regarding the number of emails received from Concur. Your feedback has been greatly valued, as you are our gateway to understanding the Concur user experience for not just yourselves, but all campus users.  As a result, we have extensively evaluated our Concur email configuration and the following changes have been made effective immediately:

Overdue Expense Report Approvals - This email was sending once after a report was more than 4 days past approval submission.  We have changed this to send one time once a report is 7 days past submission.

Overdue University Card Transactions -  This reminder has been altered to include ONLY unassigned University Card transactions with posting dates 30 days in arrears.  Previously, the email notification was being sent even if the card transactions were attached to a report.  Additionally, the email notification has been changed from generation every 5 days to generation every 10 days.

Reports > 15 days not submitted - This email will be sent every 5 days after an expense report is more than 15 days past the end of the stated business travel date.  The Previous email was sending daily after a report was 15 days past the report creation date.  This change should reduce a significant amount of emails.

Unused Cash Advance - There have been very few cash advances to date (thank you for making this a priority), but in advance of this becoming a problem, we have changed the email logic for unused cash advance to send every 7 days after the last day of the stated business travel on the Travel Request.  This was previously set to send every 5 days after cash advance issuance.

Overdue Request Approvals - This email reminder generates when a request is pending approval for more than 7 days.  The setting was originally set to send every day, but it has changed to send every 7 days.

Requests with no Expense Reports - This email reminder generates when a request is more than 14 days past the stated business end date  on the request and no expense report has been created.  The email was sending daily.  It has been changed to send every 7 days.

NOTIFICATIONS -

In addition to the email reminders above, there are a number of system generated email notifications that we are not currently changing.  They are as follows:

Cash advance pending notification - Sent to approver to notify them that they have a cash advance pending approval

Cash Advance Status Change Notification - Sent to the employee when the status of a cash advance changes.

Expense Report Payment Confirmation Notification - Notifies employee when expense reports have been approved for payment.

Expense Report Pending Notification - Sent to Approver when a new report has been submitted to them for approval.

Expense Report Status Change Notification - Sent to Employee upon change in status to an expense report.

Based on feedback from campus users, the greatest amount of frustration has been encountered relative to email reminders (identified by the sending email address: emailreminderservice at concursolutions.com<mailto:emailreminderservice at concursolutions.com>), but if there are some issues relative to standard email notifications (identified by the sending email address: autonotification at concursolutions.com<mailto:autonotification at concursolutions.com>) , we would want to hear about those.  The email notifications are significantly more challenging to fix, but we are amenable to exploring changes where prudent.

We sincerely value your input as we strive to optimize our Concur Travel and Expense tool.  Please feel free to reach out to us whenever you feel that there is an area that may be improved.  While we cannot promise that each instance can be addressed, we will continue to act in the best interest of all campus partners.

Regards,

Brian K. Strait
Business Affairs Office
Information Systems