travelnews: Concur and Duckweb - Important News

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed May 16 12:53:49 PDT 2018

Good Afternoon UO Travelers and Delegates:

Duckweb travel form and forms.uoregon:  On Friday, May 25 the both former airfare approval process at forms.uoregon.edu and the duckweb travel reimbursement form will be sunsetted.  Duckweb access will continue to be granted to travel coordinators to finish any existing travel reimbursements.

Travel Office staffing and Reimbursement processing - We have additional help on the way!  Sandy Booker (currently part time) will start full time on May 21.  Linda Ellis, from Applied Second Languages is graciously stepping in four hours per day to help the Travel Office.  Tina Fenley, retired from University Advancement and working part time and has increased her hours. Teri Gormley, previously Travel Supervisor at Boise State University will start with the UO around June 1.   We have been making headway on our reimbursement load.  Our turnaround time is approximately 15 business days from submission.

Concur Travel for UO Guests training - we are providing three more training sessions to learn how to process UO guest travel in Concur:
*         Thurs. 17 May: TUC, 2nd fl Conference Room - 1:00pm - 2:00pm
*         Tues. 22 May: Browsing Room, Knight Library - 11:00am - 12:00pm
*         Tues. 5 Jun: TUC, 2nd fl Conference Room - 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Please register for one of these sessions in My Track as space is limited: https://uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2254<%0dhttps:/uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/2254>
Airfare charges from TMCs (Travel Management Companies):  Airfare purchased through our travel agencies either by calling them direct or using the Concur booking tool flow into Concur on the nightly bank feed to the traveler's profile.  These need to be assigned to the expense report for the trip to which they belong so that all the expenses, including airline charges are associated with the trip.  When in the Expense report, click Import Expenses to view the available credit card charges, select expenses you wish to move to your report by ticking the box and click Move to put the airfare and ticket fee on the report.  This does not reimburse the traveler but clears the clearing fund with the UO payment to the bank.  (You can see this on the Report Summary by clicking on Print/Email and reviewing payment in the Summary.)

****  Concur Tips ****

Comments versus Additional Information - Please use the Additional Information box for explanations.   The Comments box is for notes to the next approver and will drop when the next comment is entered.  Additional Information stays with the Audit Trail.

Business Purpose:  UO follows the IRS Accountable Plan for reimbursing travel expenses.  All reimbursements paid tax free require a complete business purpose clearly demonstrating benefit to the UO.  Spell out all acronyms.

Attaching Support Documentation to a Concur Expense Report:   Use Expense Types:   Other Supporting Documentation, Other Documentation/Airfare Comparisons,  Conference Info and Agenda and click on Attach Receipts to upload support information regarding travel or an expense.  Please do not upload multiple documents in one file by using the Receipt button at the top of the Concur form.  This slows down the review process considerably when needing to review 20 pages over and over to find a single receipt.

Gratuities - allowable gratuities can be reimbursed at the state standard of 15%.  Please review your amount before submitting.

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon