travelnews: Concur Booking tool versus using our UO TMCs:

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 25 09:27:03 PDT 2018

Good Morning UO Travel folks (please pass this to your travelers) -

In the Concur header "How will I book my Travel", if you are entirely self sufficient and will be independently booking your own travel, please select #1 Online Concur Booking tool.  The $5 fee is less expensive because you do not require consultation of a travel agent.

If you call or email either Premier or Direct Travel and engage the services of one of our hardworking professional travel consultants for advice, schedules, or any other travel consultation, please be sure to select #2 TMC and allow them to complete your booking and collect their $25 ($35 for international). We must be respectful of business partnership and their time.  Our TMCs are completely commission based.  If they provide assistance and then you book on the Concur booking tool,  they receive no compensation for their time and expertise.    IMPORTANT:  When using the TMCs to book and ticket, be sure to forward the "Your Request has been Approved"  email alerting them to proceed with ticketing.  Be aware that airline reservations are time sensitive

The recent Travel mandate requires use of Concur and our TMCs.  This translates to "Enter your Request in Concur for pretravel approval.  Then either use the booking tool or call the TMC to book your travel".  TMCs either do ticket fulfillment when you use the Concur Booking Tool OR they issue the ticket when you contract them for assistance.  Feel free to check with your travel coordinator/delegate or the Travel Office for questions.

Thank you in advance for being respectful of our long standing partnership with our Travel Management Companies.   I commend you all for UO's brave transition into  the world of Concur!

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon