travelnews: Concur Project

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:00:45 PDT 2017

Hello Travel Coordinators,

I wanted to send out a quick update related to our Concur Travel and Expense implementation.  As many of you already know, the University signed a contract with Concur in April as part of a strategy to replace the University's custom DuckWeb travel reimbursement.  This move enables the UO to provide campus users with the best in class travel and expense management system without maintaining a custom code base.

Sneak Peak Deliverables:

*         Travel Request - Prior to hitting the road, travelers will have the ability to submit a request for their upcoming trip that will be routed to their department's designated approver.  The request can trigger a cash advance and will pre-fill the travelers expense report.

*         P-Card - P-Card purchases (made outside of Duck Depot) will be loaded into Concur for receipts,  account re-assignment and approval.

*         Mobile App - Travelers will have the ability to access and update expense reports while they are on the road using Concur's mobile app.  This includes the ability to attach receipt pictures to relevant travel expenses.

*         Auto-Population of Select Expense Types - The app can collect receipts from partner hotels and rental car companies, and pictures you take of paper receipts.

Concur introduced the UO beta version this week to the project team.  We are excited about the path forward and a little weary of the validation and testing work ahead.

We plan to engage some of you in this validation effort and we are willing to field any questions that you may have prior to the deployment of Concur across campus in December 2017.  It is already clear to see that Concur will provide significant benefits to both travelers and administrators.  Please stay tuned for future updates regarding this project.

Brian K. Strait
Business Affairs Office
Information Systems
bstrait at uoregon.edu<mailto:bstrait at uoregon.edu>