travelnews: ** New fiscal year end procedure for airfare purchases **

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 5 11:45:00 PST 2016

Good Morning Travel Coordinators -

We are introducing a new and improved fiscal year-end procedure for airfare purchases from our contracted travel agencies that are processed through the airfare authorization system.

Airfare purchased with UO contract travel agencies using the UO Travel Office credit card:  Any airfare purchased prior to 5/25/16 for travel that begins after June 30, 2016 or the majority of the business portion takes place after June 30, please use account code A5020.

The travel office will charge your airfare to A5020 in fiscal year 16 and will enter a separate journal voucher in fiscal year 17 period 1 to charge your index and the correct account code.    A separate journal voucher by your department is no longer needed. All agency fees will be charged to fiscal year 16 since the travel agency rendered their service at that time.

Airfare purchased by departmental procurement card:- Departments are responsible to clear any airfare charged to their Pcard  prior to 6/25/16 for travel after 7/1/16.  Airfare charged to A5020 in FY16 must be cleared with a separate journal voucher in FY17 to clear prepay account code A5020.

Please contact Conny if you have any questions.

Thank you and Happy Friday,

[cid:D409AF7E-A065-4B03-9E7F-72A60DB7E5EF]
Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon