travelnews: UO TRAVEL FAIR - TUESDAY, OCT. 27

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 15 14:55:28 PDT 2015

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0CED1.894C9A90]University of Oregon Travel Fair
   Tuesday, October 27

EMU Ballroom - University of Oregon
9:00am to 1:00 pm

For UO Business Travelers, Travel Coordinators and our Travel Partners -  The Travel Fair is your best opportunity to make face-to-face connections and build relationships with hoteliers, transportation and travel service providers for your UO travel related needs.  Planning a meeting or conference? Need help booking travel?  This is your One Stop Shop for all things travel!  This is a trade show style event that you can come and go as you please.  Be sure to bring your business cards.

***  Please invite your department's travelers! ***

Current list of participating vendors:

Azumano Travel
Direct (Peak) Travel
PanAm Travel
Premier Travel
Eugene Airport
Alaska Airline
Cathay Pacific Airline
Emirates Airline
Inn at the 5th
Marche
Excelsior Inn & Ristorante
Hilton Hotel Eugene
Valley River Inn
Phoenix Inn
Hallmark Resort Newport
Hotel Rose
Jupiter Hotel
Paramount Hotel
Hotel Modera
Embassy Suites
University Place
Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center
Crowne Plaza - Lake Oswego
Holiday Inn Wilsonville
InnSight Hotel Management Group
ALKO Hospitality Management
LaQuinta Inn & Suites
Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center - Bend
Skamania Lodge
Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa
Omni Shuttle
Eugene Hybrid Taxi
Bio Taxi
Pink Taxi
Enterprise/National Rental Car
Experience Oregon Motorcoach
Travel Lane County
UO - Sponsored Project Services
UO - Health Center
UO - Conference Services
UO - Purchasing and Contracting Services
UO - PE & REC
UO - Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art
UO - Museum of Natural and Cultural History
UO - Travel Office

Informational Breakout Sessions:   Registration is now available for our informational breakout sessions hosted by our travel partners and our campus travel service providers!  ** Space is limited ** Please go to "Informational Session Registration"<https://oregon.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1O036mcpDr6YkMl>

    9:30 AM - Traveling?  Be Healthy!  Be Safe! - Learn more about the services offered to students, faculty and staff planning to travel or study abroad - from physicals to vaccines to prescriptions depending on your itinerary.
Presenter:  UO    Health Center Staff
  10:00 am - Shared Economy Travel - Uber, Airbnb, Lyft - Benefits and Implications for Business Travelers using these economical alternatives to traditional travel services.  Presenter: Jerry Underwood, Direct Travel
  10:30 AM - Passports, Visas, and ETAs, Oh My! Need a passport in 3 days?  Not sure if you need a visa to India?  Learn how to save 48% on passports and visas. Presenter: CIBT Visa and Premier Travel
  11:00 AM - Get Your Rental Car in 90 Seconds! How you can bypass the line with National's Emerald Club. Presenter: Clint Fulcher, Enterprise/National
  11:30 AM - UO Travel Policy Review - Visions, Goals, and Process and what it means to you. Presenter:  Kelly Wolf, AVP/Business Affairs Controller
  12:00 PM - Traveling? Get the Scoop on How to Contract for Travel - Join UO Purchasing and Contracting Services to have your questions answered about the contracting process and how it relates to travel.  Presenter: UO PCS Staff
  12:30 PM - UO International Guest Apartment - Did you know the UO offers a private apartment for long term international guests of the UO? Come hear details and how to reserve.
                Presenter: Yifang Zhang, East Asia Education Outreach Coordinator

Hope to see you at the Fair!

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office