travelnews: Upcoming travel educational events

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:45:32 PST 2015

Good Morning!  Please join the Travel Office for this meetings and workshops:

Campus Wide Travel Meeting:

Tuesday, March 3 from 10 a.m. to noon.  Location:   Browsing Room 106, Knight Library

If you book international travel or you have international guests or students coming to campus, please do not miss this meeting.  Topics include:

*         Travel Visas - Webinar with CIBTvisas to learn more about international travel and visa requirements.

*         UO International Student Services - Andrew Shiotani, Assistant Dir. of International Student & Scholar Services will speak about international students and their documentation requirements.

*         Tax considerations for international guests and students - Joy Germack, UO Senior Tax Accountant/Analyst will discuss payments and tax implications for foreign students and guests.

*         UO International guest apartment - Lori O'Hollaren will feature information about the International Affair guest apartment for long term international visitors to the UO.

Lunchtime Travel Talks:

Thursday Feb. 19 from 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.   Location:  EMU Walnut Room

"Duck Fares and PanAm Points"

PanAm Travel, UO's newest contract travel agency offers two programs that we will explore in our Travel Talk:

*         Duck Fares - PanAm Travel customers have exclusive access to 45,000 "private" fares, both domestic and international featuring refundable/changeable tickets.  If you need to make a last minute expensive airfare purchase or have the possibility of last minute changes resulting in expensive airline change fees, you owe it to yourself to come find out if these fares might work for your traveler.  (These are similar to our old state City Pair fares.)

*        PanAm Points -Book airline tickets with PanAm and earn and redeem points for reward benefits and flights.  Points can be applied to service fee waivers, domestic and international airline tickets along with perk accrual for travel arrangers and group travel coordinators.

Please RSVP soon on Making Tracks:
http://odt.uoregon.edu/registration/course_view.php?crse_id=537

Thurs. March 19 from 11:00a.m. to 11:45a.m.  Location:  BAO Conference Rm, Oregon Hall #135

"Online Airfare Authorizations"

Learn (or review) the step by step process on how to enter an airfare request to purchase airline tickets through our contract travel agencies.  We will cover details on making a reservation with the agency, entering the request and securing both departmental and credit card authorizations.

Register soon through Making Tracks:
http://odt.uoregon.edu/registration/course_view.php?crse_id=534

Thank you,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC