travelnews: Top 5 list of important tips and updates to the AIRLINE ONLINE AUTHORIZATION TOOL

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Sep 27 13:17:36 PDT 2013

Good Afternoon -

You are all doing a great job with the new Airfare Online Authorization Tool!  Here are our Top 5 Tips and Updates:

# 5   Contact phone number - this should be the travel coordinator's phone number so we know who to call with questions.

# 4   Price  -   Please be sure to copy and paste all the information from the travel agency into the Itinerary box including the pricing info.  The amount to put in the "Cost" box is the total that will be charged to our credit card including the ticket fee.

# 3   Changes cannot be made to an authorization once it has been credit card authorized.

*          If there are any corrections to  the Index, Account Code or a minimal fare increase, please send them to travel at uoregon.edu<mailto:travel at uoregon.edu> for the Travel Office to process.

*         You can add notes to the Activity Log at any time.

*         Change fees require a valid business purpose and a new airfare authorization request.
# 2   Authorizing - the travel coordinator needs to alert your department authorizer they have an airfare request in their queue that needs approval.

And the #1 update to the Airfare Online Authorization Tool..........

Index, Account Code and Activity Code no longer require using the drop down menu selection.  The fields are required but they are now free text!

Have a nice weekend.  Go Ducks!

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office