travelnews: Travel Per Diem Reimbursement Rates effective January 1, 2013

BAO news for travel administrators travelnews at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed Dec 26 08:37:29 PST 2012

Good Morning Travel Coordinators:

Here is the latest information on per diem rates for 2013.

High-Low city per diems:  We have received the annual IRS notice of updates to the high-low substantiation table that OUS utilizes for per diem travel reimbursement rates within the Continental United States.  There are no changes to the per diem rates for low-cost and high-cost cities.  For your reference I have attached the current table of out-of-state high-cost localities included in the OUS Fiscal Policy Manual, 95.100 Travel Policy.

Mileage Reimbursement:  OUS follows the General Services Administration (GSA) in the setting of mileage reimbursement rates.  Currently there is no change to the 55.5 cents per mile allowance for personal vehicle mileage reimbursement.

Moving Mileage reimbursement:  For reimbursing mileage for an employee relocation,  the first 24 cents per mile is non-taxable (account code 10790) for reimbursement on a move over 50 miles.  This is a change from 23 cents per mile.

Thank you,

Laurie Jacoby, CTC
Travel Manager
Business Affairs Office