[Prevscilist] Preventive or Preventative

Jean Kjellstrand jeank at uoregon.edu
Sat May 1 07:09:07 PDT 2021

LOL! 😂

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2021, at 7:11 PM, Ellen McWhirter <ellenmcw at uoregon.edu> wrote:

Dave,

Before we go too far in elimination of the ‘ta’, shouldn’t we consider what happens if we take this too far? I mean, this is the kind of thing that can spread like wildfire.

It could be tanmount to chaos. Representive of a step too far. It could push us beyond our adapbilities. I don’t want to be a castrophist but urge you to carefully consider the consequences from a quantitive perspective before we say ta-ta to the ta…

:) Ellen

Ellen Hawley McWhirter, Ph.D.
Ann Swindells Professor of Counseling Psychology
Director, Spanish Language Specialization
5251 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5251
(541) 346-2443 (office)
(541) 346-6778 (fax)
https://education.uoregon.edu/people/faculty/ellenmcw

I support all students regardless of immigration status or country of origin. As a member of the UO Dreamers Working Group, I support Dreamer students and promote their sense of belonging and safety as they pursue their higher education goals. For more information and resources please visit our Dreamers page (https://www.uoregon.edu/uo-dreamers) and the Immigration FAQs page (http://international.uoregon.edu/immigration_faq ). Remember, when interacting with faculty, staff, and offices around campus you are never required to reveal your status.