payroll: PayNews - April 2023

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 18 16:56:55 PDT 2023

PayNews - April 2023

Updates

  *   PWPMASS - Information Services is working on a new version of PWPMASS that will not cause the payroll error that occurred in March, but it is not yet available. Please hold off on PWPMASS uploads until Thursday when I hope we will have the new version in place. In any case, if you are doing an upload please make sure that you are only pulling hours for employees in your departments and not timesheet orgs to which you do not have PHAHOUR access. That is what causes the error.

Note: PWPTUPL_HOURLY does not have this issue, but you should still only pull hours for employees in your departments.
  *   May Triple Deduction - Spreadsheets for employees who should not be tripled are due by Wednesday, May 10th, 2023. Please review the information regarding the May Triple Deduction process on the Business Affairs website: https://ba.uoregon.edu/payroll/may-triple-deduction. The spreadsheets should be emailed to lisaknox at uoregon.edu<mailto:lisaknox at uoregon.edu>. If you would like a list of your employees that will be tripled please contact Lisa Knox at lisaknox at uoregon.edu<mailto:lisaknox at uoregon.edu> with the Timesheet Orgs to which you have access.
Reminders

  *   Terminations, LWOP, FTE Reductions - Please notify our office immediately if you become aware of employees, especially salaried employees, who are terminating their appointments, going on leave without pay, or reducing their FTE before April 30, 2023. This includes salaried employees who terminated prior to April 1, but also employees affected by insufficient paid leave hours to cover time off or separation paperwork that is just now being submitted.

Our office would like to work with you in adjusting the employee's April pay to prevent an overpayment. Your prompt notification will prevent financial hardship for the employee. You may email payroll at uoregon.edu<mailto:payroll at uoregon.edu>, or one of our contacts below:
     *   For Faculty & OA pay, Chad, chadh at uoregon.edu<mailto:chadh at uoregon.edu>, or Cindy, chuie at uoregon.edu<mailto:chuie at uoregon.edu>
     *   For Classified pay, Mindy, mindy at uoregon.edu<mailto:mindy at uoregon.edu>
     *   For GE pay, Keri, kbartow1 at uoregon.edu<mailto:kbartow1 at uoregon.edu>
Upcoming Events

  *   Payroll Deadlines:
     *   April 19-21 - April Time Entry Window
     *   April 25 9am - April Stop/Correct Pay Deadline
     *   April 28 - April Payday
  *   Trainings (Register in MyTrack<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uomytrack.pageuppeople.com/learning/calendar__;!!C5qS4YX3!H2BYarUNQ8iQ-iYEa8ntZ2a4o4y12pJB9u9RH0FZtTsFW1qe5GKTqBnxSrmuLzXy5j2PPK06Ej7z2sFHQ3NcCJGK$>):
     *   May 2, 2023, 1:30pm-3:30pm - HRIS Overview
     *   May 3, 2023, 1:30pm-4:30pm - HRIS Time Entry
     *   May 4, 2023, 10:00am-11:30am - I-9 Employment Eligibility Workshop

Thank you,
The Payroll Office