payroll: 2018 Tax Withholding Tables

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 26 15:53:12 PST 2018

As part of the 2018 tax reform, the IRS has published new tax tables which were uploaded into Banner in time for January payroll.  The tax tables were designed to work with the old W-4 in order to lessen the burden on employers and employees this year.  The IRS is expected to release a new 2018 W-4 and a new Withholding Calculator sometime in the next couple of months.  Once both of those have been published, we will send an email to all employees with the IRS links.  Employees can use the Withholding Calculator to figure out if they need to fill out and submit a new W-4.

The State of Oregon did not publish their new tax tables in time for January payroll, but we will have them uploaded in time for February payroll.

Thank you,
The Payroll Office