payroll: Mass Transit Tax

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 30 08:19:22 PDT 2015

Good morning.

As follow-up to the email below, please be informed that Business Affairs posted a payroll adjustment to Fiscal Year 15, Period 14.  I apologize that prior notification wasn't provided.

As described below, the adjustment expensed an additional .6% of Gross Pay for the time period July-November, 2014, (Fiscal Year 15, Periods 1-5) for the state Mass Transit Tax.

Additionally, we were informed that the rate had changed from .6% to .7% starting in Fiscal Year 15.  The adjustment, as posted, takes this into account and books the additional .1% for the entire year.  This rate increase was not known at the time I issued the original notification.

Once again, I apologize for the after-the-fact notification.  Please let me know of any questions.

Thanks
-Kelly

Kelly B. Wolf
Associate Vice President for Business Affairs and Controller
University of Oregon
Phone: (541) 346-3165