payroll: SJS Campus Employers Letter - Career Center

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 4 14:18:20 PST 2015

February 4, 2015
Dear Campus Employers;
As I'm sure you know by now, the Career Center changed vendors for our online database of jobs/internships and on-campus recruiting. We launched DuckConnect in early July of last year.
We are now in the final phase of migrating the Student Job System (SJS) data into DuckConnect.  All of your accounts will be transferred into DuckConnect on Monday February 16th and we expect a smooth transition. We chose this time frame because there are so few new job postings during winter term. Within the next week you will receive an email from the Career Center containing your DuckConnect username (email address) and password.  To access your new DuckConnect account, enter these credentials at https://career.uoregon.edu/employers in the "Sign in to DuckConnect" box and click the "Sign In" button.  You will be prompted to complete any missing contact information and then can begin using the system.
Attached to this letter is a tip sheet explaining how to access your account and then how to post your jobs.
If you have time, I urge you to look at your existing postings in SJS, select the ones you know you will not use again and reclassify these as ARCHIVED. (The archived folder will not migrate to DuckConnect.  However, all of that information will be saved into a spreadsheet which we will be able to access if needed.)
Update your job descriptions
Last year the Student Employment Enhancement group (SEE) was formed by units from the Division of Student Life, to consider ways to promote and improve the professional development and employment outcomes of UO student workers. You can go to our website and see our progress so far. In particular look at the section on position descriptions and job postings describing the skills to be used and learned, and therefore the learning outcomes. (https://career.uoregon.edu/facultystaff/student-services/student-employment-enhancement.

We will offer training opportunities upon request. We can hold them in your departments or the Career Center. If you have any problems with any of the process, or would like to schedule training, please contact Pat Ferris at 346-3214.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ALL STAFF WHO POST JOBS FOR YOUR DEPARTMENT.