payroll: New Officer of Administration and Faculty Employee Class Coding

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 22 10:26:16 PDT 2014

As of July 1, 2014, the University of Oregon is able to modify coding in the HRIS standards tables on Banner.   For more accurate reporting, officer of administration (OA) and faculty employee classes are undergoing a transformation.  This month we began a phased in approach, starting with officers of administration.  (Employee classes: UE, UF, UG, UH, and where appropriate UV & UW.)

The crosswalk and new coding for the officer of administration and faculty employee classes is located on the Unclassified Personnel Services website<http://ups.uoregon.edu/content/new-eclass-codes> and the Banner Guide.

At the August HRIS Meeting, Sonia Potter will give an overview of the new employee class structure.  Mark your calendar for Tuesday, August 12, 2014, from 9:00 am - 10:30 am.  We will meet in the Walnut Room of the EMU.

Important:
Please begin IMMEDIATELY using the new OA and faculty employee class coding as you submit RTOs and PRFs.  Our plan is to begin the faculty employee class migration next month for the Law School, followed by all academic-year faculty in September.

Please do not make any changes to summer appointments for 9-month faculty or OAs. Continue to use the UV employee class code.

Note:

*         You may review the changes in PWIVERI, or by running the All Employee Roster in PWIPAYR.

*         We will send out a PAYNEWS when the Unclassified/GTF roster in PWIPAYR has been updated to reflect the new employee classes.
Questions:

*         All exempt/nonexempt status questions, send an email to Sonia Potter at soniap at uoregon.edu<mailto:soniap at uoregon.edu>.

*         All other questions, send an email to Chad Hartvigsen at chadh at uoregon.edu<mailto:chadh at uoregon.edu> or Cindy Huie at chuie at uoregon.edu<mailto:chuie at uoregon.edu>.

Thank you,

Judy Duff
Payroll Manager
Business Affairs
University of Oregon
Voice: 541- 346-0014
Email: judyduff at uoregon.edu<mailto:judyduff at uoregon.edu>

Sonia Potter
Director of Unclassified Personnel Services
Human Resources
University of Oregon
Voice:  541-346-2002
Fax:  541-346-1407