payroll: 2012 W-2 and 1042S Form

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 29 11:11:51 PST 2013

The 2012 W-2 Forms were mailed out to employees' mailing addresses in Banner by U.S. mail on Monday, January 28, 2013.  We will attempt to forward any W-2 Forms that were returned to our office if there is an updated mailing address in Banner.    The Payroll Office is unable to issue duplicate W-2s at this time.  However, we anticipate receiving the information from OUS in mid-February.  Employees may view or print an unofficial copy of the W-2 on DuckWeb.  Please encourage employees to update their mailing addresses on DuckWeb.

All foreign national employees who claimed a tax treaty in the 2012 calendar year will receive a 1042S Form.  Some will also receive a W-2 Form if their earnings were over the treaty limits.  The 1042S Forms will be mailed to their mailing addresses by February 28, 2013.  Please have these employees check with the Office of International Affairs for a schedule of tax workshops on how to complete a non-resident alien tax return.

Please feel free to contact our office at 6-3151 if you have any questions.

Kenny Ly
Assistant Payroll Manager
kly at uoregon.edu<mailto:kly at uoregon.edu>