payroll: Prevent Payroll Overpayment and Tax Complications

BAO Payroll Office News payroll at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 6 09:08:47 PST 2012

The Payroll Office would like to remind you to notify our office immediately if you become aware of employees who are terminating their appointments before December 31, 2012, or are not returning for winter term. Same for leave without pay or reduction of FTE. Our office would like to work with you in adjusting the employee's December pay to prevent an overpayment.

You may phone with information and e-mail or fax a copy of the termination PRF, while the original document is in route to the Payroll Office. Your prompt notification will prevent financial hardship and tax complications for the employees, especially as we approach the tax year end of 2012. In addition, you will save your department some OPE on health insurance due to the PEBB benefits rescission rule that does not allow reversal of health insurance premiums that have been paid.

You may contact the following payroll staff:

  *   For Academic pay, Chad; 6-1106, chadh at uoregon.edu<mailto:chadh at uoregon.edu>, or Jen; 6-1108, jenni at uoregon.edu<mailto:jenni at uoregon.edu>
  *   For Classified pay, Mindy; 6-2960, mindy at uoregon.edu<mailto:mindy at uoregon.edu>
  *   For GTF pay, Keri; 6-1101, kbartow1 at uoregon.edu<mailto:kbartow1 at uoregon.edu>
  *   Payroll Office fax number; 6-1109