[OLAC-credits] OLAC Annotator at ALA Midwinter

Kelley McGrath kelleym at uoregon.edu
Wed Jan 14 22:11:15 PST 2015

In case you haven't seen the announcement, I will be presenting on some of my findings from this project at the Catalog Management Interest Group on Saturday, January 31, 1-2:30 pm in room W196c of the convention center.

Roles and Reels: RDA and Relationship Designators for Moving Images

This presentation will explore some of the findings of the OLAC Movie & Video Credit Annotation Experiment (http://olac-annotator.org/ ). One of the outputs of this project is a large, multilingual list of free-text role and function information from the following subfields of MARC records for moving image resources: 245$c, 260$b, 264$b, 508$a, 511$a. This presentation will analyze some of the results and discuss the possibility of using this corpus in conjunction with natural language processing to add relationship designator information to existing records for film and video. Finally, it will discuss some implications for the use of relationship designators in RDA.

http://alamw15.ala.org/node/25808

Please annotate some credits this week: http://olac-annotator.org/
There are still English, French and Italian director credits at http://tinyurl.com/oc27ng6

Kelley