[OLAC-credits] Looking for input on video-based instructions

Kelley McGrath kelleym at uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 26 21:34:00 PST 2014

Thanks, Lizzie, for confirming my suspicions. The video is long, but I wanted to cover the main places where people have questions over and over or tend to want to do something different than what we're after. I don't usually like video instructions, but I think it's easier to get an overview that way than by trying to read all of our instructions (if anyone has suggestions for improving the written instructions, please let me know).

I don't think I have a very good mike. It's okay for teleconferences, but I couldn't seem to get the audio to be any better for this. I was hoping somebody else with better skills for this might be willing to remake it in a better version. I haven't gotten any volunteers so I will see if I can get my hand on a better mike and figure out the suggestions on the Jing site for doing better transitions.

Kelley
Hi Kelley,

You pretty much nailed it in your email. The video is long, but it seems to cover a lot of scenarios so I can't really fault it. The audio is a little fuzzy, but I don't know whether that can be improved with the existing software. Overall, I thought it was fine.

-Lizzie