di: Lesson spacing within week

Christopher Duss duss.christopher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:17:23 PDT 2020

Dear List,

I started Funnix for my son's 5th birthday this week. He loved the first
lesson, so it is a good start. I do a morning lesson on a variety of topics
with him 6 days a week (Mondays off as I go to work early that day). Since
he is in Japanese school and we speak English at home, he needs more help
with Japanese to keep up with his classmates. So I currently do 3 days of
Japanese, 2 days of Funnix and 1 day of piano.

Regarding lesson spacing, I had thought it was better to evenly space them
during the week, so every 3-4 days for Funnix. Then I heard in the Funnix
tutorial that it's best to do lessons on consecutive days if time is
limited to reduce how much is forgotten (at least between the consecutive
lessons).

What is the community's view on this? He has a formal piano lesson on
Thursday, formal Japanese lessons on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and no
other English lessons. In this case what is my ideal schedule if I keep 3
Japanese, 2 Funnix and 1 piano?

Consecutive days would say Tuesday Thursday Sunday Japanese, Friday
Saturday English, Wednesday piano. Then he has Japanese Sunday through
Friday, English Friday and Saturday, and piano Wednesday and Thursday. That
sound like a good plan? I usually let him pick which lesson he wants on
Saturday (weekend after all!) but don't need to do that.

Thanks for your input,
Chris