di: On point radio show-Reading Science and NAEP-worth a listen

Betsy Primm betsyprimm at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 16:56:42 PST 2019

Bryan,
Thanks so much for this link.  Really excellent information.  I was particularly interested in the analysis of why Mississippi student scores were significantly higher in spite of the state’s high economic poverty.  It’s effective delivery of professional development lines up with the way you structure your annual conference and your emphasis in on-going coaching of teachers who are delivering DI content to students.  It is very sad that most schools and school systems subscribe to the train-the-trainers model for professional development.  Penny-wise and pound foolish. The research continues to show that it doesn’t move the needle in terms of student achievement.  Lots of food for thought in this podcast that applies to effective instruction in areas beyond the teaching of reading.  Thanks again!
Betsy Primm
Atlanta, GA

Sent from my iPhone