di: RMSE and trade book alignment(s)

Tina Errthum tmerrthum at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 10:10:33 PST 2018

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has done any work with aligning trade books readability with the different levels of RMSE. We are trying to create a list/library of books students would be successful reading independently, after completion of different levels of RMSE. We want our students reading as much as humanly possible! I know there have been novel studies created by some DI peeps. That is a great start. I am interested in anything K-5.

I have a school that talks quite a bit about Lexile scores. I remember hearing Zig speak about Lexile and how it isn't always a good indicator for reading levels... something like that. Can anyone expand on that for me?

Any further learning you help me with around the RMSE and greater reading library world would be a tremendous help!

Thanks so much!

Tina Errthum

Greeley, Colorado