di: Comprehension

lagar_2000 lagar_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 18:49:49 PST 2017

Hello,
I need some advice. We have an autistic student who decodes by sight word memorization at a end of 1st grade level. She has NO idea what she is reading. We tried L4L, but it is too much language, if that makes any sense. She is a deer in headlights. Any suggestions? She is currently in a self contained support center classroom, but her mother wants her in GE and a resource room setting. Even CMC is too much language for her…..so I need ideas for reading comprehension, increasing her decoding AND math.

Thanks,
Lori A.