cash: Fake Currency Alert

Campus Cash Handlers cash at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 5 16:00:12 PDT 2022

All,

Last week a theft from a vehicle occurred in Newport, OR. The theft included approximately $1 Million in movie prop money. The money appears very real and was in denominations of $10, $20, and $100. One of the bills was recently found on the sidewalk in front of a business a couple blocks off campus, so we know the bills are in circulation in Eugene.

The bills appear very real, however they are marked as not being legitimate tender. The bills have "Replica" printed on them in several places, as well as statements that they are not legal. Also under the signatures on the bills are wording such as "Not a real Secretary" and "Not a Treasurer". I have attached pictures of the bill that was recently found.

If you are handed one of these bills by a customer, please refuse to accept it and then ask for alternate payment. If you find one that has already been accepted by your department, please inform me asap and deliver the bill to the Cashiers Office in TUC.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Mike Syljuberget
Cashiers Manager-Business Affairs Office
University of Oregon
mss at uoregon.edu
(541) 346-3164