[Cas-allemps] CAS Dean's Scholarship Committee

Kathleen Davis kdavis22 at uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 2 16:28:31 PST 2024

***on behalf of Jamie Bufalino***

Hello CAS partners,

CAS staff and faculty are invited to join the CAS Dean's Scholarship committee to award over $200,000 in scholarships to 80+ CAS undergraduate and graduate students. We are looking for people from across the college, representing a wide variety of roles, who are eager to support CAS students. Specific disciplinary knowledge is not required.

Time Commitment:

  *   Scholarship review training: 60 minutes (remote) during week of Feb. 26-March 1 (Winter - week 8)
  *   Review of Applications: April 8-26 (Spring - Weeks 2-4) Each committee member will review a maximum of 50 applications. Applications include: student information including major, class standing, and GPA, a 750-word essay and a resume or CV. Committee members will be provided a rubric for evaluating the overall qualifications of each applicant.

  *   Award Meeting: 90 minutes (remote) during May 6-10 (Spring - Week 6)

Although this is a time commitment, it is also very rewarding to provide our students with the resources they need to continue pursuing their education goals. Here are some quotes from happy scholarship recipients:
“Thank you so, so much for this opportunity. I'm extremely grateful to be picked for this scholarship, it takes a lot of stress off my back when considering how I can pay for tuition. I happily accept this scholarship. Thank you, a million times, thank you!”

“Thank you so dearly for this message, and for uplifting me in my studies! I am so grateful for this financial support, which truly propels and encourages my academic career.”

“Thank you so much for this scholarship! I am so grateful, and it means so much to me and my family.”

Please respond to this email if you are interested by February 9th. We will reach out to you with more details.

Best,
Jamie

Jamie Mayhew Bufalino (she, her)
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
College of Arts and Sciences

The University of Oregon is located on Kalapuya Ilihi, the traditional indigenous homeland of the Kalapuya people. Following treaties between 1851 and 1855, Kalapuya people were dispossessed of their indigenous homeland by the United States government and forcibly removed to the Coast Reservation in Western Oregon. Today, descendants are citizens of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Community of Oregon and the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians of Oregon, and continue to make important contributions in their communities, at UO, and across the land we now refer to as Oregon.