[Cas-allemps] Remember to Vote Tomorrow in the Mid-Term Elections

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Mon Nov 7 16:49:55 PST 2022

[cid:2c28dfaa-de20-4116-aaef-c23eaeb492b9]

Dear CAS Community:

One of the most impactful things that we can do as U.S. citizens is to vote. And I sincerely hope you are planning to take time to vote in our mid-term election tomorrow, Tuesday, November 8, 2022.

As Interim President Phillips said in his message to the University of Oregon community last week, much is at stake in this election nationally, in Oregon, and in our local communities. This election also can be viewed as a "warm-up" for our next presidential election on November 5, 2024, so I encourage you to register to vote, get to know the candidates and the issues and get involved.

If you have not registered to vote in time for tomorrow's election, please consider signing up for future elections. You can register online at My Vote<https://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Pages/registration.aspx?lang=en> or update your existing registration here<https://secure.sos.state.or.us/orestar/vr/showVoterSearch.do?lang=eng&source=SOS>. If you are a student, Oregon's Secretary of State has a helpful student voting site<https://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Pages/student-voters.aspx> which provides easy, step-by-step instructions for in-state or out-of-state residents. You also can call 1-866-673-VOTE (1-866-673-8683) or the Lane County Clerk's office at 541-682-4234 if you have questions about tomorrow's election or future elections.

In addition, the UO's Office of the Vice President for Equity and Inclusion<https://inclusion.uoregon.edu> has compiled a comprehensive voting resource document I am attaching to this email. We want to equip you with as many resources as possible so that you can participate in our important election process tomorrow and in the future.

Remember, your vote counts. Thank you for doing your part to ensure our democratic process thrives.

Sincerely,

Chris Poulsen

Tykeson Dean, College of Arts and Sciences

University of Oregon

[cid:91126593-db8c-4174-b15a-36b559ff4de5]