[Cas-allemps] A message from Tykeson Dean Bruce Blonigen

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 10 08:38:13 PST 2021

Dear CAS faculty, staff, and GEs,

As you know, the faculty and students in the College of Arts and Sciences engage in important and innovative research, often supported by external grants. We want to share this report<https://cas.uoregon.edu/research-report> on external funding members of our college have secured (and the research projects they support) over the past two years (AY2019-20 and AY2020-21) - two record-breaking years that highlight these important contributions by our College's faculty to the University of Oregon.

The College brought in more than $75 million per year during this time, with funding coming from the National Institutes of Health, the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and a host of other agencies and foundations.

We are proud of the scope and depth of our sponsored research, which is spread across all three divisions of CAS (humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences), and features work ranging from the environment to social issues to cancer research to linguistics and literature. The report not only provides basic information on all external awards received, but also highlights some examples of this work that makes a difference in the lives of our community and beyond.

We are proud of all the work CAS faculty, staff, and students have done in securing grants, conducting research, and providing opportunities that create a pathway to success for our students. Thank you for all you do for our College. Please don't hesitate to share this information about this influential work with others. Take care.

Bruce

Bruce Blonigen
Tykeson Dean
Philip H. Knight Professor of Social Science
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403
Ph: 541-346-4680