[Cas-allemps] School of Global Studies and Languages: Town Hall 9/20/2021

School of Global Studies and Languages gsl at uoregon.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:34:25 PDT 2021

Dear Faculty, Students, and Staff,

You are cordially invited to a Zoom town hall for the new School of Global Studies and Languages (GSL). All are welcome, but especially those who are affiliated with GSL’s core departments and programs:

  *   East Asian Languages and Literatures
  *   German and Scandinavian
  *   Global Studies (formerly International Studies)
  *   Romance Languages
  *   Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
  *   Area studies programs (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa)
  *   Global Health
  *   Food Studies
  *   Yamada Language Center
  *   Northwest Indian Languages Institute
Other globally- and internationally-oriented UO scholars, plus those who are simply curious, are emphatically welcome too.

The town hall is your first chance to hear about our plans for building GSL in the coming year. We will describe the work the School's Implementation Committee has been doing this summer, along with future opportunities for you to learn more, provide feedback, and participate. Dean Bruce Blonigen will begin with a few words and then I will describe GSL’s mission, structure, and priorities. Members of the GSL Implementation Committee will join me and speak about their respective areas of focus. We will leave plenty of time for Q&A.

The town hall will take place on Monday, September 20 from 3:30-5:00 on Zoom (https://uoregon.zoom.us/j/92420666533<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/uoregon.zoom.us/j/92420666533__;!!C5qS4YX3!Srj_K0s0GDV6uHc-Kyo3Wq_XEuIGNVLkGbYcB2omC2QUzSMMPgonj1hfivzGPqCwMqs$>). It will be recorded for those who cannot attend. You are welcome to ask questions live at the Zoom, or you may submit them in advance to gsl at uoregon.edu<mailto:gsl at uoregon.edu> by noon that Monday.

I am both grateful and excited to have the opportunity to introduce GSL to you all. We very much look forward to your questions and ideas.

Best wishes,
Ian

----
Ian F. McNeely<https://history.uoregon.edu/profile/imcneely/>