[Cas-allemps] CAS Shared Services - Call for nominations

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Tue May 4 15:16:37 PDT 2021

Dear CAS faculty, staff, and GEs:

In my communication last week<https://blogs.uoregon.edu/cassharedservices/deans-message/> I noted that the next step in the process would be the development of the Steering Committee and the subcommittees that will lead the shared services initiative for the College.

After careful consideration, I have decided:

  *   The Steering Committee will be comprised of Karen Ford (Dean for Faculty), Sherri Nelson (Assistant Dean for Budget and Finance), Connie Brady, Associate Dean for Finance & Administration from the Lundquist College of Business, and a fourth member who will be a CAS department/unit manager (OA level).
  *   There will be five subcommittees - Process, Change Management, Shared Services, Academic Service Units, and HR/Management. Each subcommittee will have 3-5 members; one lead (CAS OA department/unit manager) and members from the CAS broader community.

I am requesting nominations to fill the department/unit manager member on the steering committee.  Additionally, I'm seeking nominations for subcommittee leads (limited to OA department/unit managers) and other members of the subcommittees (open to all CAS community members). Self-nominations are welcome for both leads and members. The current members of the Steering Committee and I will review nominations and make final decisions.

Compensation details are being worked out in accordance with HR policies/practices and the pay action freeze process. Final details will be available when selections are made and commitments finalized.

To submit nominations (or self-nominate), please follow these steps.

  1.  Go to our newly refreshed website<https://blogs.uoregon.edu/cassharedservices/> for the project.
  2.  Click on the Steering Committee/Subcommittee button.
  3.  Below the Nominate button there is a Committee Roles/Responsibilities PDF for details/purpose of each committee along with estimated committee start and end dates if you would like to print that out.
  4.  Click on the Nominate button and complete.

All nominations should be received by 5pm on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.

Thank you in advance for your participation in the success of this initiative.

Bruce

Bruce Blonigen
Tykeson Dean
Philip H. Knight Professor of Social Science
College of Arts and Sciences
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403
Ph: 541-346-4680