[Cas-allemps] Thinking About CAS: Leadership in Languages and New Faculty Profiles

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Wed Oct 16 08:16:02 PDT 2019

Dear CAS Colleagues,

In this week's Thinking About CAS blog, we share a Chronicle of Higher Education story that ranks five of our languages areas among the top 10 in the nation<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/leadership-in-languages/> and take the opportunity to reflect on the great work going on with our various languages initiatives. We also profile three more of our new faculty: Claire Herbert,<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/new-faculty-profile-claire-herbert-assistant-professor-sociology/> Sociology; Masami Kawai,<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/masami-kawai-assistant-professor-cinema-studies-2/> Cinema Studies; and Nayoung Kwon<https://cas.uoregon.edu/2019/10/new-faculty-profile-nayoung-kwon-assistant-professor-korean-linguistics/>, East Asian Languages and Literatures. Please join us in welcoming our new colleagues!

All the best,

Bruce

Bruce Blonigen
Tykeson Dean