[Cas-allemps] Thinking About CAS: New Faculty Profiles and Tykeson “Topping Off”

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Thu Sep 27 10:10:33 PDT 2018

Dear CAS Colleagues,

Welcome back to campus for fall term! As we begin the 2018-19 academic year, we are thrilled to celebrate the hiring of 45 new CAS faculty, a figure that includes two new faculty who are deans of other schools. I invite you to visit our new faculty page<http://cas.uoregon.edu/newfaculty> to see the full list. Also, starting this week, we will profile three new faculty each week in the CAS Dean’s blog<https://cas.uoregon.edu/category/deans-blog/>; this week, we feature David Allcock of Physics, Faith Barter of English and Scott Blumenthal of Anthropology. Stay tuned for announcements of future profiles posted in this venue.

You’ll also see on the blog a brief Tykeson Hall update and photos from the “topping off” event on Aug. 31. We will be offering frequent Tykeson updates as we continue the operationalize the advising services that will make this building a go-to resource for future generations of students.

Best wishes for the coming year!

Andrew

W. Andrew Marcus
Tykeson Dean of Arts and Sciences