[Cas-allemps] Crowdfunding raises funds for two CAS programs

CAS Dean casdean at uoregon.edu
Mon May 15 10:28:27 PDT 2017

Dear CAS Colleagues,

In case you haven't heard, I want you to be aware of an innovative fundraising campaign currently underway that will benefit two CAS programs.

The campaign, called DuckFunder, is a crowdfunding approach that aims to attract lots of small gifts (and even some large ones) for very focused projects.  This is a six-week campaign, now entering its final few days.  It will wrap up Friday, May 19.

This year, two CAS projects were selected:

*      SPICE, a summer program that inspires teen girls to stay engaged in STEM studies https://duckfunder.uoregon.edu/project/6299  Fundraising goal = $8,000

*      Team Duckling, a psychology research team that studies how children learn and grow. https://duckfunder.uoregon.edu/project/6248  Fundraising goal = $10,000

I will be making a personal donation to both of these worthy projects and encourage you to:

*         Visit one of the links above and consider making a small donation that will help them reach their goal

*         Help get the word out by clicking on one of the social share icons at the top of the SPICE or Team Duckling crowdfunding pages (links above)  to share with your friends and family via Facebook, Twitter or email.

If you have a project you'd like to be considered for next year's DuckFunder campaign, you can submit an application here: http://giving.uoregon.edu/s/1540/development/3col.aspx?sid=1540&gid=2&pgid=4628&cid=9736

Thank you for considering this request.

Warm regards,

Andrew

W. Andrew Marcus
Tykeson Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
University of Oregon
541-346-3902
http://cas.uoregon.edu/