Banner/Oracle Reports Retirement

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:45:43 PST 2021

Banner report users:

The Oracle Reports technology, used by developers at Information Services to publish reports that users can run from Banner pages, is being retired in about a year.

Reports in use and still needed will be re-written (with considerable effort) using a newer technology.

Oracle reports are run from FWIORPT and PWIORPT and many other Banner pages that have the "Create Report or Spreadsheet Option" under the Tools menu.

The "Create Report or Spreadsheet Option" may no longer be needed now that the Export Action has been added to the Tools menu on many Banner pages.

We will soon share a list of reports we feel are obsolete based either on lack of use or on the fact that alternatives exist such as the Banner Export Action or a substantially similar Cognos report.

We would appreciate your help understanding if and why any report marked "Obsolete" is still needed and should therefore be re-written.

We will also host a meeting of Oracle Report power users to discuss this transition, hear concerns, and answer any questions.

Thanks in advance.

Mark McCulloch Director Info Systems Business Affairs
he/him/his
mmccullo at uoregon.edu<mailto:mmccullo at uoregon.edu>  541-346-6249
Thompson University Center<https://map.uoregon.edu/f996b9646> Suite 302B
720 East 13th Avenue Eugene, OR 97403