Banner 9 Finance Ambassadors

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Nov 29 11:32:14 PST 2018

Thanks to the 150 finance users who joined us yesterday in the EMU Ballroom to learn about Banner 9 finance queries and JV entry.

We hope you feel better prepared to transition to Banner 9 and that you will serve as ambassadors for Banner 9 and share what you learned with colleagues in your department, building and network.

Your friends in BAO, BRP and SPS stand ready to help everyone make the transition.

Special thanks to Stuart Mellor (accounting and reporting), Robbin Howard (JVs), Michael Walsh (access and page no worky issues), Jon Loftus (grant admin), Keila Mintz (budget query), Jill Ritz (accounting) and Phil Davis (accounting).

Stay tuned for more demo's, video's, step by step procedures, and drop in sessions.

Remember, the following pages are not yet deployed and will yield the dreaded 'white screen of death':

Finance

Fixed Assets

FFADEPR

Fixed Asset Depreciation Form

FFAMAST

Fixed Asset Master Maintenance Form

FWIFLST

UO Fixed Asset Query

Approvals

FOAUAPP

User Approval Form

Vendor Invoice Payment

FAAINVE

Invoice/Credit Memo Form

FWACINV

Change Invoice Status Form

FAIVINV

Vendor Invoice Query Form

FAQMINV

Multiple Vendor Invoice Query Form

FTMVEND

Vendor Maintenance Form

Accounting Query

FWIGITD

UO Grant/Project Budget Status Form

FZIGRNT

Grants and Projects Form

FZITRND

Grant Detail Transaction Activity Form

FGIBSUM

Organization Budget Summary Form

FWMFACT

Faculty and Staff Activity Code Crosswalk Form

FWIBUDG

General Budget Query Form

FWIVNDH

UO Vendor Detail History Form

FGIBDST

Organization Budget Status Form

FOICOMM

Commodities for Review Query Form

FWIGLDD

GL Drill Down Form

FWIFLST

UO Fixed Asset Query Form

Purchase Order Entry

FPAPURR

Purchase Order Form

FOAPOXT

Procurement Text Entry Form

Accounts Receivable

TWADEPO

Department Deposits

TSAAREV

Student Account Maintenance

Notes:

1.       We hope to deploy FWIBUDG very soon.

2.       We didn't show them but the finance reports on FWIORPT are available in Banner 9.

3.       If you try FWISEPE (Supply and Services and Employee Payroll Expense) in the search bar and get a 'No Results Found' message it means you don't have access.  For access submit a FIS User Profile form<https://forms.uoregon.edu/form/launch/fishrisar-user-profile> with the 'Payroll Detail' box checked.

Regarding the questions we could not answer during the two sessions:

1.       Information Services has agreed on an approach for authorizing and enabling remote access to Banner and will implement it early in the new year.

2.       Mac keystrokes for Banner 9 were published by William and Mary University, https://www.wm.edu/offices/it/documents/banner9/banner9keyboardshortcutsmac.pdf

3.       Extension of period 6 close past Tuesday Jan 8th is being considered by Kelly Wolf.

4.       Column reordering on Banner 9 pages is not preserved when the data extract feature on the tools menu is used.

If you have any other questions please contact Michael Walsh 6-1117