New IRS forms W9 and W8s:

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 21 10:45:51 PST 2017

Good Morning,

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has created new versions of their W-9 and W-8 forms.  The W-9 form is used by U.S. Citizens, Resident Aliens or U.S. entities.  The W-8 forms are used by foreign individuals or entities depending on their organizational status.  Whenever possible, we ask that our vendors supply a UO substitute W-9 to capture minority, women and emerging small business information that is not requested on the IRS W-9 form.  This information is used to collect annual spend information.  Following IRS regulations, we will not be able to accept prior versions of the W-9 forms after April 30, 2018, with the end of this calendar year being the deadline for prior versions of the W-8 forms.  The forms are available on Accounts Payable website http://ba.uoregon.edu/content/ap-invoice-payment .

W-9                                         Version Date                                      Cutoff Dates
Newest IRS W-9                     November, 2017                                 Old version December 2014 valid until May 1, 2018
Newest UO SUB W-9            December 19, 2017                            Old version September 3, 2014 valid until May 1, 2018

W-8
W-8BEN                                  Newest July, 2017                               Old version February, 2016 valid until January 1, 2018
W-8BEN-E                               Newest July, 2017                               Old version April, 2016 valid until January 1, 2018
W-8EXP                                   Newest July, 2017                               Old version September, 2016 valid until January 1, 2018

Thanks,

Dan Patten
Accounts Payable
PO Box 3237