Craig Ashford Appointed Permanent Director of PCS & Assistant General Counsel

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 2 09:03:36 PST 2017

Sent on behalf of Kevin Reed...

Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce that Craig Ashford has been appointed the permanent Director of Purchasing and Contracting Services and Assistant General Counsel.  He has been serving in this role on an interim basis since June 2016.

Craig is a natural leader who takes on difficult tasks with contagious enthusiasm.  In the 9 months he has held the role as interim, he has revised all PCS related policies, given our colleagues greater flexibility with procurement cards to encourage use, resulting in rebates for UO, and bargained with UO's primary vendors to achieve savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.  He has also significantly improved processing times for contracts with PCS, all while hiring an Assistant Director, moving the group to their new home at 1600 Millrace, and keeping morale high in the office while retaining our excellent staff.

Craig continually strives for improvement, and with the PCS team he has in place, we have high hopes for what is still to come.  Please join me in thanking Craig for his tireless efforts on behalf of UO, and congratulate him on his permanent appointment.

Kevin

[cid:4B9B6C3F-95CC-44A6-9B03-D592F3AE51E2]

Kevin S. Reed | Vice President and General Counsel
Office of the General Counsel
219 Johnson Hall | Eugene, OR 97403-1226
(541) 346-3082 | ksreed at uoregon.edu<mailto:ksreed at uoregon.edu>

generalcounsel.uoregon.edu<https://generalcounsel.uoregon.edu/>