Updates and Changes at Purchasing and Contracting Services

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Mar 15 16:51:04 PDT 2016

Good afternoon all,

As some of you are aware, over the course of the last three months Purchasing and Contracting Services (PCS) has experienced significant technical difficulties which have interfered with our ability to promptly deliver services.  We are getting close to resolving most of these issues.  PCS thanks our customer base for their courtesy and patience in continuing to work through these issues with us.

Starting this month, and continuing into Fiscal Year 2017, new and improved systems and processes will be implemented that should improve PCS' response times and improve delivery of services.  The anticipated improvements are substantially the result of the special attention of Chief Resilience Officer and Associate Vice President, Andre Le Duc, as well as funding and support by Vice President of Finance and Administration, Jamie Moffitt, and the Provost, Scott Coltrane.

The UO Purchasing Portal is expanding with the implementation of PCS' new automated intake and tracking system which is set to go live on April 12th.  This new automated system will eliminate duplicative data entry for PCS customers and allow real-time tracking and reporting.  We have several training sessions scheduled, and our customer base is encouraged to visit the Human Resources ODT website to sign up for a training.  In addition to the expansion of the UO Purchasing Portal, PCS recently received approval and funding to move forward with the selection and implementation of an eProcurement market basket system.

Several new staff members have joined PCS in recent months. Grant Baldwin and Michael Cappelli have joined PCS as permanent Contracts Officers. Grant holds a Master's degree in Procurement and Contract Management and has more than 30 years of experience in purchasing and contracting.  He is joining UO from Ohio University where he was Assistant Director, Contracts.  Michael holds a Juris Doctor degree and has more than 30 years of experience in business transactions and contracting.  He has served as General Counsel to the Riverside Superior Court where he was responsible for reengineering the Purchasing Department.

In addition, a couple of interim staff members have joined PCS.  Shari Powell, formerly with CAS Dean's Office, has joined PCS as the Operations Officer.  Shari will be splitting her time between CAS Dean's Office and PCS until April, after which she will be with PCS full time.  Derek Dizney, an attorney, has joined the PCS team as a Temporary Contracts Officer.

As we move into this exciting period of new staffing and implementation of new systems, we appreciate your patience and value your input in making these systems and PCS' services the best they can be.

On behalf of PCS,
Catherine Susman, Director

Purchasing and Contracting Services
University of Oregon
720 E. 13th Avenue, Suite 302
Eugene, Oregon 97401-3753
Telephone:  (541) 346-1255
Fax:  (541) 346-2425
susman at uoregon.edu<mailto:susman at uoregon.edu>
http://pcs.uoregon.edu/

[cid:image002.png at 01D0397F.1EFF1DD0]

Purchasing & Contracting Services/Central Emails
Contract- contract at uoregon.edu<mailto:contract at uoregon.edu>
Procurement Card- pcard at uoregon.edu<mailto:pcard at uoregon.edu>
Purchase Order- purchaseorder at uoregon.edu<mailto:purchaseorder at uoregon.edu>
Competitive Procurement- competitionsupport at uoregon.edu<mailto:competitionsupport at uoregon.edu>