Changes to Transfer Account Codes

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 16 16:30:19 PDT 2015

Good afternoon,

The Business Affairs Office (BAO) Financial Services Department would like to notify University of Oregon (UO) personnel of changes made to the UO Chart of Accounts and their potential effects on you.

Our account codes have essentially remained unchanged since our conversion to Banner in the mid-1990s.  As part of our transition from the Oregon University System, we are taking the opportunity to review and update general and operating ledger account codes to make them more user-friendly and tailored to our campus.  Unused account codes will be eliminated and more appropriate ones will be added.  This will make it easier for departments and central offices to choose account codes, track entries, and reconcile balances.

To simplify accounting for transfers we are repurposing two account codes to handle the majority of activity and are eliminating other transfer codes. See below for the updated portion of the account code chart. We will be working with departments over the next few months to move transfer activity to the appropriate account codes. This change is effective for fiscal year 2016.

Remaining account codes:

Account Code

 Title

 New Code

 Definition

Transfers In

91001

Trnsfr in From Other Funds

No

To record all transfers in from other funds except debt retirement

91008

Tfr In- Debt Retirement w/in Inst

No

To record all transfers in within the institution for debt retirement

Transfers Out

92001

Trnsfr Out to Other Funds

No

To record all transfers out to other funds except debt retirement

92008

Tfr Out- Debt Retirement w/in Inst

No

To record all transfers out within the institution for debt retirement

Eliminated account codes:

Account Code

 Title

 New Code

 Definition

Transfers In

91005

Tfr In- between FTYP Lvl 2

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

91105

Tfr In- Incidental Fee Resources

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

91225

Tfr In- from Other OUS Inst

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

91228

Tfr In- Debt Retirement CO-Inst

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

91250

Tfr In- w/in FT11 Budgeted Ops

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

91255

Tfr In- from FT11 Budgeted Ops

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

91501

Tfr In- for Cost Sharing

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

Transfers Out

92005

Tfr Out- between FTYP Lvl 2

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

92105

Tfr Out- Incidental Fee Resources

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

92225

Tfr Out- to Other OUS Inst

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

92228

Tfr Out- Debt Retirement CO-Inst

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

92250

Tfr Out- w/in FT11 Budgeted Ops

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

92255

Tfr Out- from FT11 Budgeted Ops

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

92501

Tfr Out- to Cost Sharing Funds

No

To be discontinued; no new entries allowed.

Thank you,

BAO Financial Services Department

Donna Batson, 6-7216, donnab at uoregon.edu<mailto:donnab at uoregon.edu>