Accepting Credit Card Payments Online

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Mon Mar 3 08:03:48 PST 2014

Colleagues,

If you are hosting an event or have items for sale, Business Affairs can help you accept credit card payments online in a manner that is both convenient and secure.

To get started simply complete this request form and mail it to Business Affairs,

http://ba.uoregon.edu/sites/ba/files/forms/cca.pdf

Give us a day or two to construct your online order form and show you how to access your transaction reports and manage your site.

Banner deposits will be made automatically each day there are sales using the FIS index you provide.

Credit card fees (less than 3% of transaction value) will be charged to the same index on a monthly basis.

We do not charge any fee for our service.

To protect the privacy  and security of customer card data we ask that you agree to the following:

1.       Read the UO eCommerce policy http://ba.uoregon.edu/sites/ba.uoregon.edu/files/ecommerce_policy.pdf

2.       Do not store customer card data in a file anywhere on the university network, or on portable media.

3.       Avoid creating paper records containing customer card data and confidentially recycle them.

4.       Never process a credit card order on a customers' behalf using a university computer.

5.       Immediately report any potential exposure or fraudulent use of customer card data.

University of Oregon online order forms must contain the following 10 elements:

1.       Business name including UO affiliation

2.       Customer service telephone number and email address

3.       Warning stating the University of Oregon will not process card numbers submitted by email.  Please do not send sensitive private data by email.

4.       Return and refund policy

5.       Delivery method and time frame (if applicable)

6.       Link to university privacy statement http://ba.uoregon.edu/staff/electronic-commerce-privacy-statement

7.       Listing of products and prices in US dollars.

8.       SSL encryption https://

9.       The domain must be registered to the merchant.

10.   English translation for foreign language sites

Please contact me if you have any questions.  We are happy to meet with you to discuss your needs.

Mark McCulloch
Asst Dir Business Affairs
University of Oregon
541 346-6249