Lunch Time Conversations and 2013 Reverse Vendor Fair

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 15 14:12:28 PST 2013

Dear Campus,

Purchasing and Contracting Services invites you to join us for Lunch Time Conversations - Open Office Hours on February 18, 2013 from 12:00 noon until 1:00 p.m. in the EMU Walnut Room.  Our main topic will be the upcoming University of Oregon Reverse Vendor Fair.

The UO Reverse Vendor Fair will be held on February 27, 2013 in the Club Room at Autzen Stadium.

The UO Reverse Vendor Fair offers a forum for UO departments and other public agencies to sponsor tables while vendors are invited to walk around, network and represent their organization.  There will be all types of vendors in attendance, including but not limited to construction, marketing, website design, hotels, office supplies, IT, copiers, furniture, scientific equipment, landscaping, and personal services.  Over 220 vendor attendees have already registered for this event and are looking forward to the opportunity to have many campus departments in one location.  However, this event will only be a success if UO departments participate.

We are excited to once again invite the community to Autzen, so they can learn how to do business with UO.  This event is structured specifically to reach out to our local minority-owned, women-owned and emerging small business vendors and to show UO is "Open for Business."  This event provides departments an excellent opportunity to meet with vendors while responding to institution diversity goals.  Purchasing and Contracting Services is organizing the event, with support from the Office of the Vice President of Finance and Administration, Campus Operations, Office of Government and Community Relations and the Office of Equity and Inclusion.

Departments are strongly encouraged to attend by hosting a table at the UO Reverse Vendor Fair, helping to represent UO in this important community outreach effort.  If your department contracts for any goods or services, this event is for you.

  *   Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for setup on February 27, 2013, vendor registration check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m., Reverse Vendor Fair will be from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
  *   Draped tables, chairs, department sign and name tags are provided for registered departments.
  *   At least 1 or 2 people from your department should be at your table and bring plenty of business cards and any other information you would like vendors to have.
  *   From previous events, vendors said they appreciated the departments who provided a list of the types of things they buy at their table.
  *   Morning and afternoon refreshments will be provided.
  *   Free parking.  We will also provide a free shuttle service from campus over to the stadium.
  *   Please visit the information page from the Purchasing and Contracting Services website for further details and to register your department's table:  http://pcs.uoregon.edu/content/2013-university-oregon-reverse-vendor-fair
Please help spread the word and invite vendors that you think would be interested in the event as well.  If you would like any printed event flyers, let us know and we will send them to you.

If you cannot attend the Lunch Time Conversations you may direct your questions to Amy Grainger at 541-346-2418, amyg at uoregon.edu<mailto:amyg at uoregon.edu>

Thank you for your support!

Purchasing and Contracting Services
University of Oregon