UO Reverse Vendor Fair - February 27, 2013

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Tue Feb 5 08:26:43 PST 2013

The following message is forwarded on behalf of Jim Bean, Jamie Moffitt, and Yvette Alex-Assensoh:

The University of Oregon is hosting its third UO Reverse Vendor Trade Fair from 8 am to 1 pm on February 27, 2013 in the Club Room at Autzen Stadium.

Please come join us for this important outreach event.  The UO Reverse Vendor Trade Fair provides an opportunity for minority, women owned, emerging small business contractors, and other vendors to learn about contracting opportunities with the UO and other public agencies.  As an institution we are committed to increasing the community's knowledge about our purchasing processes.  The 2011 UO Reverse Vendor Fair was highly successful in conveying the message that this institution is indeed "Open for Business".   We are enthusiastic about building on the success of the last two fairs; however our continued success is dependent upon having a high level of UO departmental participation.

This is an important institutional priority, and we strongly encourage all departments to host a table and provide staff representatives in this important outreach effort.  Participation in this and similar events supports best business practices and diversity goals.  This is an excellent opportunity for departments to meet new and existing vendors and to share information on their unit's needs.  The vendors attending provide a variety of goods and services.  Departments of all sizes are encouraged to attend.

Advance registration is required for table sponsorship.  Once registered, departments need only to provide staff to answer questions, provide contact information and any other information they would like to share with vendors.  Draped tables, chairs, nametags and table signage will be provided.  Morning and afternoon refreshments will be provided.

Below is some of the feedback received for prior fairs.  Please help us continue to make this a successful event by encouraging your respective units to participate.

Please visit the UO Reverse Vendor Fair information page from for further details and to register your department's table:  http://pcs.uoregon.edu/content/2013-university-oregon-reverse-vendor-fair

Department attendee quotes:

"I would like you to know that I think the Vendor Fair was a great idea and was executed very well.  I was skeptical before the event. But the atmosphere was very friendly and gave us opportunity to meet many fine local entrepreneurs in a short amount of time.  It certainly was effective.   I learned about many local firms I might never have contacted without this event.  I think we all shop on the internet now and don't think to buy local.  This is something that will change for my department.

The Vendor Fair will do wonders for building relationships between the UO and local vendors.  Thank you and your department for arranging this.  I hope this is something that will occur every year."

"It was a marvelous opportunity for our department to connect with campus as well as outside vendors.  One location, in a beautiful location. Getting the message out to our community that we are here to help them and provide needed information."

Vendor attendee quotes:

"Yes.  This was awesome.  Not only networking the different departments, but the business to business aspect as well. I was able to accomplish my purpose for attending, and made many great contacts."

"Attending the 2010 UO Vendor Fair was definitely beneficial! Having the opportunity to speak with some of these folks who I have only talked to previously on the phone makes a huge difference. It's nice to connect the face with the name and hopefully build on that relationship."

Thank you for your support!  Please share this information with your staff and choose to be a part of this important event for the UO.

Regards,

Jim Bean
Senior Vice President and Provost

Jamie Moffitt
Vice President for Finance and Administration & CFO

Yvette Alex-Assensoh
Vice President for Equity and Inclusion