RFQ Forms Announcement

Business Affairs Office News bao-news at lists.uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 6 09:38:41 PDT 2012

Dear Campus Buyers,
Purchasing and Contracting Services (PCS) continues to work to streamline campus purchasing processes and procedures.  At the end of 2010 we implemented new Request for Quotations (RFQ) template forms for informal procurements.  The RFQ forms are attached to the OUS Business Opportunities website postings for vendors to download and complete for their quote responses.   As we continue to improve procurement processes, we are making some additional updates to the informal process and the RFQ forms as follows:

*         Starting Fall term, each vendor will be required to use the UO RFQ forms in completing vendor's response for its quote to be considered.

*         Starting Fall term, each vendor will be required to sign the UO RFQ form as part of vendor's response for its quote to be considered.

*         Starting Fall term, all vendors will be encouraged to limit requested changes to posted RFQ terms and conditions.
These updates to the process will provide greater efficiencies by improving consistency and streamlining the review of quotes and the resulting contracts.  Departments are encouraged to start working with their vendors now to ensure the quotes are signed and the UO RFQ forms utilized for vendor responses.   PCS welcomes feedback on these updates.  Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support in making UO's purchasing practices efficient!
Purchasing and Contracting Services
720 E. 13th Avenue, Suite 302
Eugene, OR  97401-3753
541-346-2419