[Andalusi Studies] question about a term

Beale-Rosano-Rivaya, Yasmine C yb10 at txstate.edu
Fri Feb 3 11:07:54 PST 2017

I am wondering if I can request opinions regarding a term.

I have a document in Arabic script that has the word [arsidiqn].  I have found one transcription by González Palencia where he states this word means 'generic seller' in Andalusí Arabic but I have not found this in any of the relevant dictionaries or other supporting sources.

Could anyone confirm that this absolutely means only seller or could it mean something else? Like archiduque or archidean?

The difference here would be significant in how I read this document.

Thank you,

Yasmine

Yasmine Beale-Rivaya, Ph.D
Associate Professor